Searching for where is Guadalupe, Mexico, located? Learn more about the city and check out Guadalupe Fun Facts and frequently asked questions.
Guadalupe is a city located in Northern Mexico. It belongs to the Mexican state of Nuevo León, and it is one of the cities that make up the Greater Monterrey Metropolitan area.
Monterrey International Airport (MTY), officially known as the General Mariano Escobedo International Airport, is the nearest airport in Guadalupe, Mexico.
Guadalupe Mexico’s exact location is 25.68 latitude and -100.26 longitudes.
- Distance to Other Major Destinations:
- Where is Guadalupe Mexico on the Map
- Guadalupe Fun Facts
- Frequently Asked Questions about Guadalupe Mexico
Distance to Other Major Destinations:
|Guadalupe to Tijuana||1,468 miles or 2,362 kilometers|
|Guadalupe to Mexico City||574 miles or 923 kilometers|
|Guadalupe to Cancun||1,419 miles or 2,283 kilometers|
|Guadalupe to Puerto Vallarta||702 miles or 1,129 kilometers|
Where is Guadalupe Mexico on the Map
Guadalupe Fun Facts
1. Guadalupe Mexico is part of the Greater Monterrey Metropolitan area which is officially called Área Metropolitana de la Ciudad de Monterrey or AMM. Other municipalities and cities that belong to this metropolitan area – the second largest in Mexico – include Apodaca, Cadereyta Jiménez, Escobedo, García, Juárez, Monterrey, Salinas Victoria, San Nicolás de los Garza, San Pedro Garza García, Santa Catarina and Santiago.
2. Guadalupe, Mexico, is bordered by San Nicolás de Los Garza and Apodaca to the north, the municipality of Juárez to the south, Monterrey to the west, and Apodaca to the east.
3. The city of Guadalupe Mexico was officially founded on January 4, 1716. In the year 1756, the city was given the name “Pueblo de la Nueva Tlaxcala de Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe de Horcasitas.”
4. It was on March 5, 1825, when Guadalupe, Mexico, was declared a municipality of the Mexican state of Nuevo León. It was not yet a city then but a villa.
5. It was only on April 28, 1971, that Guadalupe, Mexico, was declared a city according to the Constitution of Nuevo León.
Frequently Asked Questions about Guadalupe Mexico
Is there a city in Mexico called Guadalupe?
Yes, there is a city in Mexico called Guadalupe. It is located at the center of the Mexican state of Nuevo León, in the northeastern part of Mexico.
Is Guadalupe Mexico an Island?
Guadalupe City, Mexico, is not an island. However, there is, in fact, a Guadalupe Island, which is also found in Mexico. Isla Guadalupe is a volcanic island that is situated off the west coast of the Baja California Peninsula. It lies in the Pacific Ocean and is considered a biosphere reserve.
How far is Guadalupe from Mexico City?
Guadalupe Nuevo Leon is 574 miles or 923 kilometers away from Mexico City.
Is Guadalupe Mexico safe?
According to the Mexico Travel Advisory by the US Department of State, visitors must reconsider travel to Nuevo León (which includes Guadalupe, Mexico) due to crime. The place is considered a high-risk area to travel to, but there are no specific restrictions whatsoever.
Why is Guadalupe important to Mexico?
Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe or the Our Lady of Guadalupe – where Guadalupe Mexico got its name – is important to Mexico because it portrays a powerful sense of Mexican identity, motherhood, and so much more, most especially to those who grew up deeply believing in the encounter of a Mexican named Juan Diego with the Virgin Mary in 1521.
Location Map of Mexican Cities