Where is Seattle located? Locate Seattle on the map, read fun facts, and get answers to some of Seattle’s most frequently asked questions.
Seattle is located in the state of Washington. It belongs to the United States of America. It is situated on the southeastern shore of Puget Sound.
Seattle’s exact location is 47.61 latitude and -122.33 longitude. The city lies 56 meters above sea level.
- Distance to other major Canadian and American cities
- Where is Seattle located on the map?
- Fun Facts about Seattle
- Frequently Asked Questions about Where is Seattle located
Distance to other major Canadian and American cities
Seattle to New York – 2,402 miles or 3,866 kilometers
Where is Seattle located on the map?
Fun Facts about Seattle
- The land where Seattle is situated has been inhabited for about 4000 years.
- Seattle is where Starbucks was born. The first and original cafe is located in Pike Place Market. It opened its doors to customers in the year 1971.
- The world’s first ever gas station is in Seattle.
- The Boeing Company was founded in Seattle. It used to be a boat company. It reinvented itself after the war.
- The longest floating bridge in the world can be found between Seattle and Medina.
- Bicycles are a popular mode of transport in Seattle. It is utilized by residents going to work. Policemen ride bikes on duty, too.
- Harbor Island in Seattle is the largest man-made island in the United States and a great Seattle Day trip.
- The Pike Place Market has been operational since 1907 and a visit is one of the BEST THINGS TO DO IN SEATTLE.
- Pier 52 in Seattle is the busiest ferry terminal in the United States.
Frequently Asked Questions about Where is Seattle located
Is Seattle a state or a city?
Seattle is a city. It is the chief city of Washington state.
Is Seattle in Washington DC?
Seattle is not in Washington DC, the capital of the United States. It is in Washington state, and the two are different places. Both of them, though, are named after the US President George Washington.
What is unique to Seattle?
The location of Seattle is what’s considered as most unique to the city. Anywhere you go, you can find green sceneries. Parks and other open spaces are created so you can enjoy the natural beauty of the city. The majestic Mount Rainier stands tall amidst emerald Seattle.
Why is Seattle called the Emerald City?
Seattle has evergreen trees to thank for its gorgeous nickname. Whichever season it is – yes, even winter – the city is emerald green in color. The nickname was derived after a contest was held by the Convention and Visitors Bureau in the year 1981. Emerald City replaced the other monikers Queen City of the Pacific Northwest and Gateway to Alaska.
What is Seattle famous for?
Seattle is famous for being the birthplace of Starbucks, the most famous coffee chain across the globe, therefore gaining the unofficial nickname Coffee Capital of the World. It is also called the Rainy City as Seattle is famously known for its countless rainy days. Aside from these, Seattle also had an important role to play in the field of music, technology, food, beer, and wine.
How cold does Seattle get?
It is not that cold in Seattle, even in winter. Its coldest recorded temperature is 0 degrees Fahrenheit or -18 degrees Centigrade. December is the coldest month of the year, with a low-temperature average of 35 degrees Fahrenheit or 2 degrees Centigrade.
Does it really rain a lot in Seattle?
Seattle is almost always depicted as rainy on screen and in print. However, it is not as rainy as imagined to be. While there is a constant rainfall enveloping the city, the total inches received by Seattle is less than that of the other US cities. In total, Seattle sees more or less 150 rainy days all throughout the year.
What is the Seattle Washington time zone?
Seattle follows the Pacific Daylight Time or PDT (GMT-7).