Vancouver is located at the coast in the southwest corner of British Columbia in the most westerly province of Canada.
Vancouver’s exact location is 49.25 latitude and -123.12 longitude.
Distance to other major Canadian and American cities:
- Seattle to Vancouver: 119 miles or 192 kilometers
- Calgary to Vancouver: 420 miles or 676 kilometers
- Portland to Vancouver: 313 miles or 504 kilometers
- Toronto to Vancouver: 2092 miles or 3366 kilometers
Vancouver is the third largest city in Canada and the most populous city in the province of British Colombia.
Where is Vancouver located on the map?
Vancouver Fun Facts
1. Vancouver is surrounded by water on three sides and embedded by mountains.
2. Vancouver in the Top 10 of the best cities to live in.
3. The city is named after his explorer British Captain George Vancouver.
Frequently Asked Questions about Vancouver
1. What province is Vancouver in?
Vancouver is located in Canada’s most western province British Colombia.
2. What country is Vancouver in?
Vancouver belongs to the North American country Canada.
3. What is Vancouver best known for?
Vancouver is well-known for its amazing landscape. The city is surrounded by breathtaking mountains and blue waters. It is a great place for all kind of outdoor activities like Wintersports, Hiking, Mountainbiking and kayaking.
The Stanley park is the city’s most famous landmark and covers more than 400 hectares. Vancouver is also famous for fresh seafood, especially delicious salmon.
4. How cold does Vancouver get?
Winter in Vancouver does not get as cold as you might think. The temperatures usually go down to minimum zero to five degrees celsius and rain is more common than snow.
5. What month is usually the hottest/ coldest in Vancouver?
August is with an average temperature of 64°F (18 degrees celsius) the hottest month in Vancouver. January, on the other hand, with an average temperature of 38°F (four degrees celsius) the coldest one.
Are you keeping up with my Vancouver Series
Vancouver is one of my favorite cities, mainly because it offers so many outdoor activities. You can find here the BEST THINGS TO DO IN VANCOUVER.
This post is also available in: German