Las Vegas is the city of the superlatives and one of the most touristic places in the world.
It is a fascinating city and here are 15 unbelievable fun facts about Las Vegas.
1. It is estimated that at least 1,000 people live in underground tunnels beneath Las Vegas.
2. Did you know that the casinos in Las Vegas never use dices with rounded corners?
3. The Wynn Las Vegas was the most expensive casino and hotel when it first opened.
4. There are more than 150,000 hotel rooms in Las Vegas. If you want to stay in every room you will need 288 years … and quite a lot of money!
5. Fountains, artificial lakes and other water structures use recycled water from showers, sinks and bathtubs.
6. The famous Las Vegas Strip is actually not in the city of Las Vegas but technically located outside.
7. A study that was conducted in 2013 found out that only 15 % of all visitors come to Las Vegas primarily to gamble. However, 71 % of all visitors gamble at least once during their stay.
8. The Bellagio hotel has with 3,933 hotel rooms more rooms than the number of people living in the italian city Bellagio.
9. Las Vegas has an average elevation of 2,001 feet (610 meters) above sea level and covers a total area of 136 quare miles (around 352 square kilometers).
10. Las Vegas is home to more than 100 casinos!
More Fun Facts about Las Vegas
11. Las Vegas is with over 15,000 miles of neon tubing a city of glitz and bright lights.
12. Although Las Vegas is home to some of the world’s largest casinos, the lottery is illegal in the State of Nevada.
13. Vegas is the place for weddings with an estimated 500 weddings taking place every day. All you need is a passport or driver’s license and around 55 USD cash.
14. In the 50s nuclear bomb s were detonated only 50 miles from Las Vegas. Several mushroom clouds could be seen from the city.
15. More than 60,000 pounds of shrimps are served every day in Vegas! That’s more than whats eaten in the entire rest of the country on an average day.
Frequently Asked Questions About Las Vegas
What time zone is Las Vegas in?
Las Vegas is in the Pacific Time Zone, eight hours behinf Greenwich Mean Time (GMT-8).
What is the coldest month in Las Vegas?
December is with an average temperature of only 36.6° Fahrenheit the coldest month in Las Vegas.
If you prefer the heat you should travel to Vegas in July. During the hottest month the average temperature is 104.1° Fahrenheit.
Is Vegas tap water safe to drink?
The tap water in Vegas is perfectly safe to drink!
Are you keeping up with my Las Vegas Series
Las Vegas is a quite expensive city; however, there are also many FREE AND CHEAP THINGS TO DO IN LAS VEGAS.
Do you want to stay at one of Las Vegas luxury hotels? Then check out my blog post about the BEST HOTELS IN LAS VEGAS.