Antigua is a small city surrounded by volcanoes in southern Guatemala and well known for its colonial buildings.
You can hike up to the cross “Cerro de la Cruz” and enjoy an incredible view of the city, make a tour of one of the volcanoes surrounding Antigua, go shopping on the Artisans Market or walk the famous street “Calle del Arco de Santa Catalina” and take a photo with the Arch.
Read here: How to get from Guatemala City to Antigua.
1. Hike up to the cross “Cerro de la Cruz” and enjoy an incredible view of the city.
- Semuc Champey Natural Pools And Caves
- Luxury Hotel Review – Posada del Angel Hotel Antigua, Guatemala
2. Get in touch with the locals on “plaza central.”
3. Taste the delicious Guatemalan food in one of the local restaurants.
4. Make a tour of one of the volcanoes surrounding Antigua.
5. Listen to the performance of local musicians.
6. Learn how to dance salsa in one of the salsa schools.
7. Go shopping on the Artisans Market.
8. Visit the church San Francisco and take photos of the ruins.
9. Did you know that Antigua has nightlife? Start at Lava Bar, the perfect place for a drink at sunset, and go on to the other bars that are all close to “plaza central.”
10. Walk the famous street “Calle del Arco de Santa Catalina” and take a photo with the Arch.
11. Enjoy a carriage ride through Antigua.
12. Participate in a coffee tour and learn about the process of making coffee.
13. Visit the Convento de las Capuchinas (Capuchinas Convent).
14. Visit “La Merced” Church.
15. Walk along the streets, take photos and buy some souvenirs.
16. Visit some of Antigua’s small museums, including a chocolate museum, a military museum, and an old printing press and book museum.
17. Bargain on one of the Handicrafts Markets.
My Hotel recommendation for Antigua, Guatemala
I highly recommend you to stay at Posada del Angel Hotel. It is a unique accommodation in an old colonial building. The whole design and furniture fits perfectly to Antigua and integrates Antigua’s Maya and Spanish heritages. The hotel is located just a few blocks from the main square of Antigua on a quiet cobblestone street. The area around the hotel is very safe, and you can reach everything by walking.
Disclaimer: I was a guest at Posada del Angel, Antigua. My opinions, as always, are solely my own.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin this!
Best VPN for Travel: ExpressVPN
Heading abroad? Use ExpressVPN to access your social media accounts, unblock your favorite entertainment sites, and stay connected with friends and family. And get cheaper flights, of course.
✅ Next-gen, high-speed servers in 94 countries
✅ Works on iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, browsers, and more
✅ 256-bit AES encryption protects your data, even on hotel Wi-Fi
✅ Unblocks Netflix and other streaming sites
❎ No dedicated IPs
Get 3 extra months free of ExpressVPN when signing up for a 1-year plan. That’s a 49% saving and a monthly cost of just $6.67! You also get a 30-day money-back guarantee.