The whole design and furniture fits perfectly with Antigua and integrates Antigua’s Maya and Spanish heritages.
Posada del Angel is located just a few blocks from the main square of Antigua on a calm cobblestone street. The area around the hotel is very safe and you can reach everything by walking.
- 17 Best Things To Do In Antigua, Guatemala
- Semuc Champey Natural Pools And Caves
- How to get from Guatemala City to Antigua
Posada del Angel Hotel Antigua has seven rooms and suites. Each room is designed with a different theme: Rose suite, bird room, yellow room, green room, Mayan room, and mary sue suite.
You can find photos and descriptions of each room here. Every room is equipped with everything you might need such as a TV, hairdryer and safety box and some even have their own fireplace!
The breakfast at Posada del Angel Hotel Antigua is for sure the first highlight of the day. They serve fresh orange juice, coffee & tea, a fruit plate with watermelon, pineapple and banana, bread, jam and you can choose between different kinds of eggs.
What makes it however really special is the location. H you ever have breakfast on a rooftop terrace with a view of a volcano? It is amazing!
What I loved about Posada del Angel Hotel Antigua
- Posada del Angel integrates Antigua’s Maya and Spanish heritages. It is in an old colonial building and fits in my opinion pretty well to Antigua.
- The breakfast on the rooftop terrace with a view of the volcano is the perfect start to a new day.
- The pool area is during night time nicely illuminated and the entrance area lighted with candles.
- The whole team is very friendly and helpful and makes you feel like in paradise. They know a lot about Antigua and are happy to give tips on what to do. If there is something they don’t know, they will do research for you.
- Posada del Angel Hotel is only four blocks away from the central park. You can easily walk the whole city from here.
- The hotel is rather small with only 7 rooms which I liked pretty much.
- Another highlight of the hotel is without doubt the fireplace next to the pool which guests may use whenever they would like. The area is pretty nice decorated and calm background music is played.
Things to do during your stay at Posada del Angel Hotel Antigua
In Antigua, there is so much to do. You can hike up to the cross “Cerro de la Cruz” and enjoy an incredible view of the city, make a tour of one of the volcanoes surrounding Antigua, go shopping on the Artisans Market or walk the famous street “Calle del Arco de Santa Catalina” and take a photo with the Arch.
Luxury Hotel Review Posada del Angel Hotel Antigua – Conclusion
Posada del Angel Hotel Antigua is definitely amongst the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at.
It is a unique place in an old colonial building that integrates Antigua’s Maya and Spanish heritages. My personal highlight was the breakfast on the rooftop terrace with an incredible view of one of Antigua’s volcanoes.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin this!
Disclaimer: I was a guest at Posada del Angel Hotel Antigua, Guatemala. My opinions, as always, are solely my own.