Dubai is known for luxury, modern architecture, the Burj Khalifa and the world’s most luxury hotel Burj Al Arab. Dubai is developing really fast and there are so many impressive things to see and do.
1. Dubai Mall & Lake Burj Dubai below the Burj Khalifa
The Dubai Mall was the first stop on my sightseeing tour. I think you can spend already three days only exploring the mall and its surrounding. It is huge, based on total area even the largest one in the world. Inside the mall is the world largest aquarium, an ice rink, more than 1.200 shops, an indoor theme park and much more.
2. Observation Deck Burj Khalifa
Enjoy unforgettable views over Dubai from the observation deck of the iconic Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building. You can buy your ticket online and collect it at the Prepaid Ticket Counter by Dubai Mall’s.
3. Sunset beach next to Burj Al Arab
I guess this is one of the most famous photo subjects of Dubai, but also the beach itself is very nice.
Tip: The Burj Al Arab and all its facilities are only for guests staying at the hotel. If you still want to experience the world’s most luxury hotel you can visit the Sky View Bar or experience Burj Al Arab’s signature Culinary Flight dining experience at your choice of lunch or dinner.
4. Dubai Marina
The Marina is without doubts a special place and a Must-See when you are in Dubai. Along the water promenade there are many nice restaurants with fair prices. I ordered lunch with desert and a drink and paid about USD25.
5. A taste of old Dubai – Abra water taxis across the Creek
You should not miss a tour with the Abra water taxis across the Creek. The crossing takes about 4 minutes and costs 1AED (about $0.3). On the other side you can visit the old souks (markets).
6. Cruise along the Dubai Creek
Join a dinner cruise along the Dubai Creek and enjoy dance demonstrations, a 5-star buffet and the amazing view of Dubai from the water.
7. Dubai Fountain – Water & Light Show at Burj Khalifa Lake
The Dubai Fountain is the largest water fountain in the world and takes place every evening from 6pm in an half-hour rhythm. The last show starts at 11pm.
Other things you could do and see in Dubai.
- Visit Burj Khalifa, the highest building in the world. Handy hint: It is cheaper when you reserve the tickets to the Burj Khalifa Observation Deck in advance.
- Mall of Emirates – One of the largest and latest malls in Dubai. Here you can even go Skiing and Snowboarding.
- Get to know old Dubai. Visit the Heritage House, the Al-Ahmadiya School, the Heritage & Diving Village, the house of Sheik Saeed Al-Maktoum and the Dubai Museum in the old fortress Bur Dubai.
- Red Dune Jeep Safari with BBQ, Sandboarding & Camel Ride.
- Big Bus Dubai: Hop-On Hop-Off Sightseeing. The tickets are quite expensive but include the entrance to many sights. You can choose between 24 hours, 48 hours and 7 days tickets.
- Wild Wadi Waterpark next to Burj al Arab Hotel.
How to get around?
The cheapest way to get around in Dubai is by metro. A day ticket costs about $6.50 and you can get almost everywhere. However, to some places like the Sunset Beach you need to take a cab which is also really cheap in Dubai.
Some useful vocabularies
Hello – As-salám aléikum
Good evening – Masá al-chéir
Goodbye – Ma’a-s-saláma
You’re welcome – Áfwan
Please – Min fádlak
Thank you – shókran
Yes – Na’ám
No – La
I don’t understand – Ma’fahémt
My top choice is kayak.com. You can easily search for the best fares over 30 days or see where you can go on your budget. My favorite airline is Qatar Airways, I especially like the on-demand menu in Business Class.
I would recommend checking out Agoda.com. It is one of the leading hotel sites with worldwide more than 500.000 hotels. Other sites I check are Booking.com and Expedia. Trusted Housesitters connects you with home and pet owners who need a sitter when going away. Another great option is Airbnb – Use this link to get $40 off your first stay. Visit TripAdvisor for hotel reviews.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin this!
Universal Traveller – Luxury Adventure Travel