This article may be sponsored or include a provided product or affiliate link. See the footer and Affiliate Disclaimer for full details.
Honestly, parking at the Universal Studios can be quite a chore. Let me help you find out everything you need to know about Universal Studios Hollywood Parking.
You are all pumped up to have a good time at the park, but you almost left one important thing unresearched: where to park at Universal Studios Hollywood.
This informative article will have you ready to park your car and enjoy your day in no time.
Read also: BEST THINGS TO DO IN LOS ANGELES
How much is Universal Studios Hollywood Parking?
|TYPE OF PARKING||COST BEFORE 6 PM||COST AFTER 6 PM|
|Front Gate Parking||$60||$30|
|FIRST 2 HOURS||AFTER 2 HOURS|
How do you get to Universal Studios Hollywood Parking?
Where is General Parking at Universal Studios Hollywood?
General Parking is at the E.T. Garage (20 minutes away from the park) and at the Curious George Garage (15 minutes away from the park.)
Where is Preferred Parking at Universal Studios Hollywood?
Preferred Parking is at the Jurassic Park Garage (10 minutes away from the park) and at the Woody Woodpecker Lot (8 minutes away from the park.)
Where is Front Gate Parking at Universal Studios Hollywood?
Front Gate Parking is at the Frankenstein Garage (5 minutes away from the park.)
Where is Valet Parking at Universal Studios Hollywood?
Valet Parking is at the Frankenstein Garage (5 minutes away from the park.)
You can enjoy free valet service if you avail of the VIP Tour.
Tips for Universal Studios parking in Hollywood
- You can buy parking tickets online, although there are no discounts whatsoever for doing so.
- After acquiring your receipt, the attendant will instruct you on which garage to head towards. The earlier you arrive, the better your spot will be.
- Take a good look at the details on where you parked your car. It comes in the form of the garage’s character, the floor level, and a corresponding letter. Alternatively, you can download the Universal Studios Hollywood mobile application and use its reminder tab to keep track of your spot.
- Should you need assistance of any kind, feel free to approach any Universal Studios Team Member or use one of the Call For Assistance boxes.
- If you are driving an electric vehicle, all garages have charging points. A standard rate of $0.35/kWh applies (on top of the parking fee.)
How do you get free parking at Universal Studios Hollywood?
You get free General Parking (until 6 PM) at Universal Studios Hollywood if you avail of their Gold Annual Pass and Platinum Annual Pass.
The rates are as follows:
|TYPE OF ANNUAL PASS||COST||FREE GENERAL PARKING|
|Platinum Annual Pass||$149||Yes|
|Gold Annual Pass||$189||Yes|
|Silver Annual Pass||$249||No|
|California Neighbor Pass||$449||No|
You cannot get free parking at Universal Studios Hollywood without having availed the aforementioned passes.
However, you can get free parking in certain areas near Hollywood.
- 13 minutes away: Chandler & Tujunga (Lot 602) 11320 Chandler Blvd
- 22 minutes away: Magnolia & Lankershim (Lot 627) 11231 Magnolia Boulevard
- 38 minutes away: Vineland & Lankershim (Lot 747) 5000 N Vineland Avenue
Here is the catch, though: free parking only lasts for two hours.
Surely, you will be staying at Universal Studios for more than two hours, so this may prove to be a challenge.
Is there handicap parking at Universal Studios Hollywood?
Yes, there is handicap parking at Universal Hollywood. They provide accessible parking permits for cars with disability placards.
You can easily find handicap parking slots near the front gate. If these are already occupied, the Frankenstein Garage is your best bet.