Aviation is fascinating and mysterious at the same time. For many, it is way more than just a means of transportation. Check these Inspiring Flight & Aviation Quotes
Since I flew for the first time I got infected by the Aviation Virus and it never left me.
It became so strong that I started working as Flight Attendant on the legendary “Queen of the skies” – The Jumbo Jet Boeing 747.
Best VPN for Travel: ExpressVPN
Heading abroad? Use ExpressVPN to access your social media accounts, unblock your favorite entertainment sites, and stay connected with friends and family. And get cheaper flights, of course.
✅ Next-gen, high-speed servers in 94 countries
✅ Works on iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, browsers, and more
✅ 256-bit AES encryption protects your data, even on hotel Wi-Fi
✅ Unblocks Netflix and other streaming sites
❎ No dedicated IPs
Get 3 extra months free of ExpressVPN when signing up for a 1-year plan. That’s a 49% saving and a monthly cost of just $6.67! You also get a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The history of aviation is so interesting and every day a new chapter is written.
I put together a list of the most inspiring and thoughtful aviation quotes:
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.”
– Leonardo da Vinci
Get Your Guide helps you find the best tours wherever you are heading to. It’s usually the first website I check when I plan a trip to a new place.
Even if you are the best pilot you will make a lot of bad landings during your career.
To evaluate if it was a good landing you have to follow one general rule:
“If you can walk away from a landing, it’s a good landing. If you can use the aircraft the next day, it’s an outstanding landing.”
– Chuck Yeager
After all, landing an aircraft is super simple.
All you have to do is to follow three simple rules:
“There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.”
Do you remember Felix Baumgartner?
Yes, that crazy guy who jumped to earth from a helium balloon from the stratosphere in 2012.
I guess he knows what he is talking about:
“Sometimes you have to go up really high to see how small you are.”
– Felix Baumgartner
One of the best things of working on an airplane is the views!
“My office has the best view.”
Well, better you have all three of them…
“In flying, you need at least two of these three to stay alive: altitude, speed, or brains.”
“The engine is the heart of an airplane, but the pilot is its soul.”
That’s so true!
And like Nelson Mandela already said, “It always seems impossible until it is done.”
“Aren’t we all dreamers? It’s only because a man dreamt of flying that we are traveling in planes. Behind all inventions, we see the dreams of people.”
– Ajith Kumar
More great Aviation Quotes
1. “Man must rise above the Earth—to the top of the atmosphere and beyond—for only thus will he fully understand the world in which he lives.”
2. “Learning to fly an airplane taught me a way of thinking, an approach to problem-solving that was applicable and effective. Pilots are very methodical and meticulous, and artists tend not to be.”
– Chris Carter
3. “Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory.”
4. “Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute.”
– Gil Stern
5. “Until you spread your wings, you have no idea how far you’ll fly.”
6. “Don’t be a show-off. Never be too proud to turn back. There are old pilots and bold pilots, but no old, bold pilots.”
7. “If black boxes survive air crashes, why don’t they make the whole plane out of that stuff?”
– George Carlin
8. “Pilots are a rare kind of human. They leave the ordinary surface of the word, to purify their soul in the sky, and they come down to earth, only after receiving the communion of the infinite.”
– Jose Maria Velasco Ibarra
9. “Within all of us is a varying amount of space lint and star dust, the residue from our creation. Most are too busy to notice it, and it is stronger in some than others. It is strongest in those of us who fly and is responsible for an unconscious, subtle desire to slip into some wings and try for the elusive boundaries of our origin.”
– K.O. Eckland
10. “More than anything else, the sensation of flying is one of perfect peace mingled with an excitement that strains every nerve to the utmost. If you can conceive of such a combination.”
– Wilbur Wright
11. “The desire to fly is an idea handed down to us by our ancestors who, in their grueling travels across trackless lands in prehistoric times, looked enviously on the birds soaring freely through space, at full speed, above all obstacles, on the infinite highway of the air.”
– Wilbur Wright
12. “It is hard enough for anyone to map out a course of action and stick to it, particularly in the face of the desires of one’s friends; but it is doubly hard for an aviator to stay on the ground waiting for just the right moment to go into the air.”
– Glenn Curtiss
13. “Setting off unknown to face the unknown, against parental opposition, with no money, friends, or influence, ran it a close second. Clichés like ‘blazing trails,’ flying over ‘shark-infected seas,’ ‘battling with monsoons,’ and ‘forced landings amongst savage tribes’ became familiar diet for breakfast. Unknown names became household words, whilst others, those of the failures, were forgotten utterly except by kith and kin.”
– Amy John
14. “Every flyer who ventures across oceans to distant lands is a potential explorer; in his or her breast burns the same fire that urged adventurers of old to set forth in their sailing-ships for foreign lands.”
– Jean Batten
15. “Adventure is the essence of life.”
– Dick Rutan
16. “Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.”
– Eddie Rickenbacker
17. “Once you have learned to fly your plane, it is far less fatiguing to fly than it is to drive a car. You don’t have to watch every second for cats, dogs, children, lights, road signs, ladies with baby carriages and citizens who drive out in the middle of the block against the lights. Nobody who has not been up in the sky on a glorious morning can possibly imagine the way a pilot feels in free heaven.”
– William T. Piper
18. “Do the impossible because almost everyone has told me my ideas are merely fantasies.”
– Howard Hughes
19. “It’s the same with anyone who’s been flying for years and loves it still… we’re part of a world we deeply love. Just as musicians feel about scores and melodies, dancers about the steps and flow of music, so we’re one with the principle of flight, the magic of being aloft in the wind!”
– Richard Bach
20. “I don’t think I possess any skill that anyone else doesn’t have. I’ve just had perhaps more of an opportunity, more of an exposure, and been fortunate to survive a lot of situations that many others weren’t so lucky to make it. It’s not how close can you get to the ground, but how precise can you fly the airplane.”
– Bob Hoover
More Inspirational Quotes
1. Inspiring Flight & Aviation Quotes
2. The Most Inspirational Mountain Quotes
3. 80 Inspiring Beach Quotes and Ocean Quotes
4. The Most Inspiring Adventure Quotes
5. 60 Inspirational Short Travel Quotes
7. Romantic Couple Travel Quotes
Protect your trip: With all our travel experience, we highly recommend you hit the road with travel insurance. SafetyWing offers flexible & reliable Digital Nomads Travel Medical Insurance at just a third of the price of similar competitor plans.