Do you have go-to getaway quotes that bring inspiration and motivation to travel and to be free? Here are short travel quotes to add to your collection.
Short travel quotes look good on a frame at your office, as a bumper sticker on your car or even as a permanent tattoo on your skin.
These travel getaway quotes efficiently tell a story of a life lived outside one’s comfort zone.
It speaks of adventures, misadventures, and lessons learned along the way.
Short Travel Quotes
Do you have good travel slogans that you live by?
Are there motivational quotes about travel and learning that have proven to be true in your life?
There are many cute short quotes and sayings about travelling, taking a break, and exploring the world that are truly inspirational.
Here are short travel quotes that will make you want to pack your bags and have an awesome adventure.
1. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone”
– Neale Donald Walsch
2. “The biggest risk in life, is not taking one”
3. “A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.”
– John A. Shedd
4. “If you’re twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook, learn from them – where you go.”
– Anthony Bourdain
5. “Jobs fill your pocket, Adventures fill your soul”
– Jaime Lyn Beatty
6. “You don’t have to be rich to travel well. ”
– Eugene Fodor
7. “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.”
8. “Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times.”
– Asian Proverb
9. “My favorite thing to do is go where I’ve never been”
10. “Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.”
11. “I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.”
– Robert Louis Stevenson
12. “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.”
– Mary Anne Radmacher
“14. When was the last time you did something for the first time?
– John C. Maxwell
15. “Every exit is an entry somewhere else.”
– Tom Stoppard
16. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.”
– Gustave Flaubert
17. “Work, travel, save, repeat.”
18. “A hangover suggests a great night, jet lag suggests a great adventure.”
– J.D. Andrews
19. “To Live will be an awfully big adventure”
– Peter Pan
20. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
– Andre Gide
21. “Yesterday, I believe I never would have done what I did today”
– David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas
22. “The most beautiful thing in the world is, of course, the world itself”
– Wallace Stevens
23. “If it scares you ,it may be a good thing to try”
– Seth Godin
24. “If you think adventures are dangerous, try routine: It’s lethal.”
– Paulo Coelho.
25. “No place is ever as bad as they tell you it’s going to be.”
– Chuck Thompson
26. “Travel far enough, you meet yourself”
– David Mitchell
27. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.”
– Aldous Huxley
28. “The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.”
– Anna Quindlen
29. “Traveling tends to magnify all human emotions.”
– Peter Hoeg
30. “When overseas you learn more about your own country, than you do the place you’re visiting.”
– Clint Borgen
More Inspirational Short Travel Quotes
Short travel phrases and inspirational vacation quotes perfectly encapsulate every explorer’s zest for a life on the road.
These groups of words add depth to every photograph and drama to every story told.
Can’t get enough of short but sweet quotes about life through the eyes of a traveler?
Here are more inspirational short travel quotes perfect for every wanderer out there.
31. “Not all those who wander are lost.”
– J.R.R. Tolkien.
32. “The world is big and I want to get a good look at it before it gets dark.”
– John Muir
33. “The gladdest moment in human life, methinks, is a departure into unknown lands.”
– Sir Richard Burton
34. “To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.”
– Freya Stark
36. “Some people are so poor, all they have is money”
– Patrick Meagher
37. “Doing what you like is freedom, liking what you do is happiness.”
– Frank Tyger.
38. “Life offers you a thousand chances… all you have to do is take one.”
– Frances Mayes, Under the Tuscan Sun
39. “Collect Moments, Not Things.”
– Aarti Khurana
40. “He who would travel happily must travel light.”
– Antoine de St. Exupery
41. “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.”
– Helen Keller
42. “You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut.”
– Dr. Seuss
43. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
– Susan Sontag.
44. “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls.”
– Anais Nin
45. “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.”
– Tim Cahill
46. “The journey not the arrival matters.”
– T.S. Eliot
47. “If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay at home.”
– James Michener
48. “Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.”
– Roy M. Goodman
49. “Travel makes a wise man better but a fool worse.”
– Thomas Fuller
50. “It is not down in any map; true places never are.”
– Herman Melville
51. “The more I traveled the more I realized that fear makes strangers of people who should be friends.”
– Shirley MacLaine
52. “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.”
– David Mitchell
53. “Every man can transform the world from one of monotony and drabness to one of excitement and adventure.”
– Irving Wallace
54. “Life is short and the world is wide, the sooner you start exploring it, the better.”
– Simon Raven
55. “Live your life by a compass, not a clock.”
– Stephen Covey
56. “To travel is to live.”
– Hans Christian Andersen
57. “Take only memories, leave only footprints.”
– Chief Seattle
58. “People don’t take trips, trips take people.”
– John Steinbeck
59. “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the trip.”
– Babs Hoffman
60. “I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.”
– Melody Truong