Are you wanting to stay in the best luxury hotels in Colombo but not sure where to stay in Colombo, Sri Lanka?
There are some fantastic 5 star hotels in Colombo, Sri Lanka and if you are wanting a luxury Colombo city hotel, I highly recommend the Hilton Colombo.
The Hilton is the perfect choice for accommodation in Colombo, Sri Lanka for both business and pleasure, with a range of facilities and on site restaurants it is a convenient choice for all types of travellers.
Keep reading below for my full review of the Hilton Colombo, one of the best hotels in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Where to Stay in Colombo: Hilton Colombo City Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Colombo Location
- The Hilton Colombo Rooms
- Facilities at the Hilton Hotel, Sri Lanka
- Hilton Colombo Restaurants & Bars
- Things to do near Hilton Colombo
- What I loved about Hilton Colombo Sri Lanka
- Book your room at Hilton Colombo
Where to Stay in Colombo: Hilton Colombo City Hotel
Whether you are visiting Colombo on business or spending a few days here before your tour of Sri Lanka, the Hilton Hotel Colombo is a fantastic choice.
Hilton Hotel Colombo Location
The Hilton, Sri Lanka is located in the centre of the city’s commercial district.
This is the best place to stay in Colombo if you are visiting the city on business, with the Hilton being the only hotel with a bridge connecting it directly to the World Trade Centre.
It is an approximately 45 minute drive from the Bandaranaike International Airport.
Even if you are visiting the Hilton Colombo, Sri Lanka for pleasure, it is an ideal spot as it is located in walking distance to various tourist attractions.
Nearby attractions include:
- Gangarama Vihara Buddhist Temple: 30 minutes by foot or 10 minute by vehicle;
- Independence Memorial Hall: 17 minutes by vehicle;
- National Museum: 40 minutes by foot or 13 minutes by vehicle;
- Dutch Museum: 10 minutes by foot or 5 minutes by vehicle;
- Colombo Fort Clock Tower: 10 minutes by foot or 5 minutes by vehicle;
- Beira Lake: 15 minutes by foot or 6 minutes by vehicle;
- Galle Face Green Promenade: 20 minutes by foot or 6 minutes by vehicle;
- National Art Gallery: 45 minutes by foot or 15 minutes by vehicle;
- Independence Square: 15 minutes by vehicle;
- Dutch Hospital Shopping Precinct: 4 minutes by foot;
- Pettah Floating Market: 15 minutes by foot or 10 minutes by vehicle; and
- Secretariat Railway station: 5 minutes by foot.
The Hilton Colombo Rooms
Being among the best five star hotels in Colombo, Sri Lanka, the Hilton offers various spacious rooms and suites.
1. Guest Rooms
These Hilton Colombo rooms include a seating area with sofa and WiFi. They have fantastic large windows offering fantastic views of the Indian Ocean or Harbour. Rooms also include a luxurious marble bathroom with fluffy bathrobes.
2. Suites and Executive Rooms
For one of the best rooms in Colombo, choose a suite which is spacious and includes a seating area, sofa and a desk which is perfect for the business traveler.
Like the guest rooms, suites have fantastic large windows offering fantastic views of the Indian Ocean or Harbour.
These luxury rooms in Colombo also include a luxurious marble bathroom with fluffy bathrobes.
Guests staying in suites also have executive lounge access which includes free breakfast and refreshments.
You can see pictures below of the guest room I stayed in. I especially liked the large windows which offer spectacular views over the Indian Ocean.
Facilities at the Hilton Hotel, Sri Lanka
Being one of the best hotels in Colombo city centre, the hotel is equipped with a variety of facilities.
The Hilton Hotel Colombo, Sri Lanka includes an outdoor pool, several restaurants & bars, gym and a large ballroom.
Hilton Colombo Restaurants & Bars
There are 6 Hilton Colombo Restaurants and bars.
So no matter what time of the day or night, there is sure to be something to satisfy your appetite.
Like most of the top hotels in Colombo city, you can start your day with a huge and delicious breakfast buffet.
The Hilton Colombo buffet caters for every taste and offers authentic Sri Lankan food, ham, cheese & fish plates, bread & salad, hot dishes including a different kind of pizza every morning, fruits and really good fruit juices.
Graze Kitchen is also a great option for dinner, where you can enjoy Sri Lankan, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Mediterranean, and Thai specialties.
At night I highly recommend you to get a drink at the in house Lounge & Bar with live music.
The Graze Kitchen is open daily from 6 am to 11 pm and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Curry Leaf Restaurant
For dinner you can visit the Curry Leaf Restaurant which offers a wide selection of local cuisine.
The highlight is a seafood market where you can pick your preferred fish which will be prepared exactly the way you like it. The atmosphere next to the beautiful pond is relaxing and the staff always happy to explain you the local dishes.
The Curry Leaf Restaurant is open daily from 7 pm to 12 am
The Hilton is one of the few hotels around Colombo to have an Italian trattoria, Il Ponte offers delicious Italian food in a casual setting with view of the pool.
The Il Ponte is open daily from 11 am to 11 pm and serves lunch and dinner.
This is a great bar with views across the lotus pond, perfect for drinks after business meetings.
The bar is open daily from 7 am to 1 am.
A great spot for a casual meal or cocktail, the pool bar is open daily from 10 am to 7 pm.
Stella Karaoke Bar
If you are looking for good hotels in Colombo area with karaoke, look no further.
Head to the Stella Karaoke Bar where you can sing all your favourite songs whilst enjoying a few drinks and a light meal.
The Stella Karaoke Bar is open daily from 7 pm to 2 am.
Things to do near Hilton Colombo
Hilton Hotel Colombo is conveniently located near all main tourist attractions in Sri Lanka’s capital city Colombo.
You can either walk to the different sights by your own or do a Tuk Tuk sightseeing tour.
Some of the main points of interest are the old lighthouse clocktower, the National Museum of Colombo, the Gangaramaya Buddhist Temple, Beira Lake and Pettah Floating Market.
What I loved about Hilton Colombo Sri Lanka
- The staff at the Hilton Sri Lanka Colombo Hotel is throughout friendly, attentive and makes you really feel welcomed.
- The hotel is conveniently located in walking distance to all major tourist attractions and the Railway Station. The airport is only a 45 minutes drive away.
- The breakfast buffet is really huge, delicious and caters for all tastes.
- The rooms are spacious and have a huge window. Some offer a spectacular views over the Indian Ocean.
With the all of the positive points above it is clear to see why this is one of the best hotels to stay in Colombo.
If you read the Hilton Colombo TripAdvisor reviews, you will see that 78% of people have rated it as above average and overall it is rated as one of the best luxury accommodation Colombo has to offer.
Book your room at Hilton Colombo
Disclaimer: I was a guest at Hilton Colombo. My opinions, as always, are solely my own.