There are different ways to travel from San Jose to Quepos. From public buses to shared shuttle van to private transfers or even Uber.
- Best things to do in Manuel Antonio
- Manuel Antonio National Park
- Best Tours in Manuel Antonio
- Best places to visit in Costa Rica
- Distance from San Jose to Quepos
- The main transportation options to get from San Jose to Quepos are:
- Getting to Quepos from San Jose
Distance from San Jose to Quepos
The distance from San Jose to Quepos is about 103 kilometers or 64 miles by car.
The main transportation options to get from San Jose to Quepos are:
- Public bus (Chicken bus)
- Private Transfer
- Uber/ Taxi
- Rental Car
Getting to Quepos from San Jose
On Bookaway you can check all available transportation options from San Jose to Quepos. It is a reliable and easy-to-use platform where you can compare prices & schedules and make a booking online.
1. Public Bus from San Jose to Quepos
Journey Duration: Around 4.5 hours
There are daily direct buses from San Jose to Quepos Costa Rica with Terminal Transportes.
This company offers direct connections as well as a Colectivo, which means that the bus will make a lot of stops on the way from San Jose to Quepos.
The prices are about 5.000 Costa Rican Colones, depending on the connection you choose.
Busses depart from the terminal at Calle 5, Ave 18/20.
Schedule direct connection:
- 06:00 AM
- 09:00 AM (Monday to Saturday)
- 12:00 PM
- 02:30 PM (Monday to Saturday)
- 06:00 PM
- 07:30 PM
- 07:00 AM
- 10:00 AM
- 02:00 PM
- 04:00 PM
- 05:00 PM (Monday to Friday)
Journey Duration: 4 hours
Another great way to travel from San Jose to Quepos is by shared shuttle van.
Gray Line offers two daily shared shuttles at 06:15 AM and 02:30 PM. You will get picked up at your hotel in San Jose and dropped off at your accommodation in Quepos. The price for this service is $54 USD.
3. Private Transfer from San Jose to Quepos
Journey Duration: 3 hours
If you are traveling in a group and/ or want to be more flexible regarding the departure time, a private transfer may be the best option for you!
You can book shuttles for up to 14 persons on Bookaway.
Prices for a private shuttle from San Jose to Quepos
- Private transfer up to 5 passengers: $253 USD
- Private transfer up to 14 passengers: $480 USD
4. Driving with Rental Car from San Jose to Quepos
Journey Duration: 3 hours
If you want to travel independently to Quepos a rental car may be a good option for you. The travel distance from San Jose is 103 kilometers or 64 miles.
5. Uber or Taxi from San Jose to Quepos
Journey Duration: 1 hour
Uber is available in Costa Rica and a trip from San Jose to Quepos costs around 37.000 Costa Rican Colones (about $60 USD) outside of peak times. Note; however, that the price can increase drastically due to traffic.
A taxi from San Jose to Quepos costs around $150 USD.
6. Flight from San Jose to Quepos
Journey Duration: 17 minutes
Sansa Air offers daily flights between San Jose Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO) and Quepos Airport.
The average flight time is just 17 minutes.