The L Resort Krabi is one of the first three hotels that opened at Aonang Beach about thirty years ago. Khun Wanna and her Swiss husband Stephan started with nine bungalows called “Ao Nang Beach Bungalows”.
Within the years they renovated and modernised the resort several times. Nowadays it is known as the L Resort, still located at the same place as 30 years ago.
In 2015 Khun Wanna and Stephan decided for a major rebuilding project. They replaced the old bungalows with up to date rooms that leave nothing to be desired.
The L Resort is perfectly located at Aonang Beach in Krabi. The longtail boat terminal to the famous Railay beach is just across the street.
I was staying in a One Bed Room Suite at The L Resort. The suites are huge and equipped with everything you might need including mini bar, refrigerator, coffee and tea making facilities, two Flat TVs, a big bathtub, a desk as well as a comfortable couch.
The L Resort is connected to the long-standing “Wanna’s Place” restaurant. It is also owned by Khun Wanna and Stephan and was 30 years ago the only restaurant at Aonang Beach.
It is one of the most favorite restaurants amongst tourists as well as locals and offers traditional Thai cuisine, international dishes and Swiss food. Additionally, there is a lagoon pool bar that offers drinks and light meals.
What I loved about The L Resort
- The Resort is perfectly located at Aonang beach. The longtail boat terminal to the famous Railay beach is just across the street.
- The rooms are huge, modern and fully equipped with everything you may need.
- The staff is very friendly and attentive.
- Most parts of the hotel are completely new and just opened in December 2015. You can be one of the first guests to try-out the new, modern rooms.
- The L Resort is one of the first three hotels and the “Wanna’s Place” the first restaurant at Aonang Beach. A truly long-standing place to stay.
The L Resort is a long-standing accommodation at Aonang beach with a perfect location.
The beach is right in front of the resort, the long tail boat terminal from where the boats to the famous Railay beach depart is only 1 walking minute away and one of the most favourite restaurants of Krabi, “Wanna’s Place” is connected to the resort.
Most parts of the hotel are completely new and offer modern rooms with everything you might need. I highly recommend The L Resort for your stay at Aonang Beach, Krabi.
Book your room now at discounted rates with agoda.com
Disclaimer: I was a guest at The L Resort Krabi. My opinions, as always, are solely my own.